I’m Brooke Thrasher, a user experience designer based in Austin, Texas. I create digital products and websites.
I’m skilled at wireframing, designing patterns and components, creating user flows, and bringing my ideas to life through prototyping. I am passionate about solving problems and sparking joy through design. I get excited about collaborating with teams and doing work that matters and helps others.
My favorite things include enjoying live music, creating something new in the kitchen, cozying up with a good book, or doing something fun outdoors like hiking or going to the park. I’m a Harry Potter nerd and can proudly say I’ve visited Harry Potter world, gone on a Harry Potter tour in London, and even hosted a Harry Potter themed Halloween party.
UX Designer, July 2019 – Present
- Working in the Digital Customer & Marketing group for government and public sector. Clients typically include: non-profit, higher education, and the federal government.
- My impact typically involves user research, user interviews, synthesis, user personas, journey maps, heuristic evaluations, wireframes, some visual design, information architecture, and lots of collaborative teamwork.
- Currently serving as a member of the Women’s Inititive for the Diversity & Inclusion council for the Austin area offices.
Product Designer, May 2018 – Present
- Increased orders by over 8,000 mail pieces in the first month after redesigning the AutoMail web application.
- Created a design system of reusable components and standards to solve for inconsistent experiences, language and accessibility guidelines.
- Collaborated with the product development team to design and create new features for our product lines, onboarding and account sign up process.
Texas State University
UI and UX Designer, Dec 2016 – May 2018
- Led the user experience strategy and design initiatives for the website of a university with over 25,000 students.
- Conducted and analyzed user testing sessions with 68 participants in order to develop information architecture and UX design insights for the admissions website.
- Designed a responsive website for the Wittliff Collections, in conjunction with developers and stakeholders.
Standard Beagle Studio
UI and UX Designer, Dec 2014 – Dec 2016
- Created an easy-to-use software tool that offered potential clients sound legal guidance in estate planning.
- Served as the QA lead and designed new features for Fitwel, the world’s leading health and wellness certification system.
- Redesigned a hospital website to increase patient accessibility to provider information and scheduling.
UX Design & Marketing Intern, Jul 2014 – Dec 2014
- Assisted on multiple web design projects on WordPress for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Crafted graphics, managed social media accounts, curated blog posts and managed the company website updates.
Cambridge Insurance Agency
Marketing and Business Development Representative, Oct 2013 – Jul 2014
- Drove the Austin area sales and marketing efforts by developing and maintaining relationships with potential customers and referral partners.
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Sales Representative, Mar 2013 – Sep 2013
- Counseled and advised potential clients on risk and protection for home, auto and life insurance products.
Austin Community College Business Center
Web Design & Development, Jul 2014 – Aug 2015
Texas State University
BBA in Marketing & International Business, Aug 2009 – May 2013
- Vice President of the American Marketing Association – designed and wrote the Annual Report that won 2nd place out of 160 chapters.
- McCoy College Ambassador – nominated out of 3,600 students to lead business school community events.
- Students in Free Enterprise – Vice President for Caritas and Workforce Solutions Outreach Project.
CONTINUING EDUCATION & CONFERENCES
Classes & Workshops
- Getting Started with Content Strategy (Dec 2016), Intro to Google Analytics (Dec 2016), Journey Mapping (Nov 2016), Intro to UX Design (Nov 2015), and Fundamentals of Visual Design (Oct 2015).
- Communicate Ideas through Story (Jan 2019), Productivity Today: Managing Attention in the Digital Age (Oct 2018), Email Productivity: Work Smarter with your Inbox (Oct 2018), and Digital Product Design: Understanding Emotional Design (Sep 2018).
- Front UX & Product Conference: Salt Lake City 2019, An Event Apart: D.C. 2018, Digital EDU Web Summit: Boston 2017, Designing for Digital 2016, SXSW Interactive 2016, and SXSW Interactive 2015.
Tech for Campaigns
UX Designer, Dec 2018 – Present
- Designed websites and logos for state legislature candidates.
TXST University Business Leadership Week
Alumni Panel Speaker, Feb 2016
- Addressed university students regarding career transition and opportunities in the field of user experience design.
Business Network International
Capital City Closers – Chapter Founder, Nov 2013 – Jul 2014
- Brought together community leaders across varied industries to foster a collaborative environment.